Dental Crowns in Portland
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth. It`s used to preserve the tooth from loss or decay. A dental crown covers the tooth and restores its shape and size if it has been damaged. It gives strength, and improves tooth appearance.
The crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.
When Is a Dental Crown Might be Needed?
Powell Family Dental Care doctors use dental crowns in the following situations:
- The most common case is protecting a weak tooth (for instance, from decay). A dental crown preserves a tooth from breaking or it holds together parts of a cracked tooth. That’s the most common dental crown procedure within SE Portland patients.
- Sometimes Powell Family Dental Care dentists have to restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down and can`t be filled.
- Dental crowns cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left.
- Dr Khlevnoy use dental crowns to hold a dental bridge in place as well.
- Powell Family Dental doctors also cover misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- A crown may cover a dental implant too.
We can offer a cosmetic modification which are really popular.
For children, a crown may be used on primary (baby) teeth in order to:
- Save a tooth that has been so damaged by decay that it can’t support a filling.
- Protect the teeth of a child at high risk for tooth decay, especially when a child has difficulty keeping up with daily oral hygiene.
- Decrease the frequency of general anesthesia for children unable because of age, behavior, or medical history to fully cooperate with the requirements of proper dental care.
How Much Does a Crown for a Tooth Cost?
Dental crowns usually start around $800 -1000 per tooth depending on your specific case, needs and insurance coverage. Powell Family Dental Care accepts most of dental insurances and can offer split payment policy. The exact cost of a dental crown is a topic of discussion with your doctor, depending on the type of material you chose and individual aspects of treatment.
At Powell Family Dental Care, SE Portland we offer a variety of affordable treatment options.
Call us today at at (503) 788-0405 or (503) 468-5445 to set an appointment.
We can answer any questions you have about the cost of a tooth crown or other dental procedures you might need.